|Course Date||Start Time||End Time||Time Zone||Location||Days||Price|
|Jul 19, 2022||09:00||05:00||EDT||Toronto - In Class or by Video Conference||2||$850 CAD||Purchase|
|Oct 4, 2022||09:00||05:00||EDT||Toronto - In Class or by Video Conference||2||$850 CAD||Purchase|
Microsoft® Project 2016
Description: This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2016 and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2016 to manage and customize those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
A general understanding of project management concepts is helpful, but is not required. To obtain this general understanding, you may choose to take the Project Management Fundamentals course.
Duration: 2 Days
- Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project 2016 environment.
- Create and define a new project plan.
- Create and organize tasks.
- Manage resources in a project plan.
- Finalize a project plan.
- Update a project plan to reflect progress as you execute the project.
- Monitor project progress in the project plan.
- Adjust the project plan to control constraints.
- Create project reports to share a project’s status.
- Customize project settings and share customizations with other projects.
- Project Management Fundamentals
Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate the Microsoft Project 2016 Environment
Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan
- Define a Project
- Assign a Project Calendar
Creating and Organizing Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Import Tasks From Other Programs
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Managing Project Plan Resources
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalizing a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan
Executing a Project
- Enter Task Progress
- Update Task Progress with SharePoint
- Update Work
- Update Costs
Monitoring Project Progress
- View Project Progress
- Add Custom Fields
- Create Custom Views
- Create a Network Diagram
- Analyze a Project Plan
Controlling a Project Plan
- Edit the Task List
- Reschedule Tasks
- Update a Baseline
Reporting on Progress
- Format and Share a Chart View
- View Existing Reports
- Create Custom Reports
- Create a Visual Report
Customizing the Application
- Change Project Options
- Create a Project Plan Template
- Share Resources
- Link Project Plans