If you are an IT professional, or responsible for the delivery of IT services within your organization, ITIL Certification is arguably the most important skill upgrade you can achieve.
Relevant for any size or type of organization, ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) has become the most widely adopted framework for the planning, delivery and support of IT services over the past 20 years.
From a business perspective, investments in IT provide the most benefit when the IT services that support vital business functions are planned, managed, and delivered as agreed to and documented in the SLA (service level agreement) Using the ITIL framework of practical, technology and vendor agnostic best-practices, organizations are able to achieve tangible and measurable benefits from their investments in technology.
A Lifecycle Approach
ITIL takes a lifecycle approach to IT services focusing on best practices in the following phases:
- Service Strategy: Collaboration between business and IT leaders within an organization to develop IT service strategies that support the organization’s business strategies.
- Service Design: Designing the IT architecture and associated services to meet business objectives by ensuring that each service is “fit for purpose” and “fit for use”.
- Service Transition: Ensures the smooth transitioning of IT Services before they go live. With proper processes to test, manage and control changes in the IT environment.
- Service Operation: Delivering and supporting IT services to ensure that they meet or exceed the business needs, provide value to customers allow for monitoring and measurement of the services in operation.
- Continual Service Improvement: Adopting new approaches to align and re-align IT services as well as continually improving all aspects of established IT services.
The Benefits of Adopting ITIL
The most important benefit of adopting ITIL comes from the fact that the needs of the business and the services provided by IT are properly coordinated to ensure maximum return on investment and effort.
- Align IT services with business objectives and priorities
- Clearly defined costs and justifications for IT budgets
- Financial improvements due to reduced waste in both dollars and effort
- Defined change management process to act as a framework to respond to changes in business requirements and processes
- Increased productivity and effectiveness as all IT services are designed to support defined business goals and processes
- Improved user satisfaction with IT service delivery
Where To Go From Here
The next step is straight-forward. Identify key personnel in your organization that would be involved in IT Service Management and have them invest four days in taking the ITIL Foundation Certification course. The first three days will prepare you and your team for the Certification Exam that will be conducted on the fourth day.
Once you have achieved your Foundation Certification, you can choose to pursue more specific ITIL certifications based on interest, responsibilities and requirements.
DesTech – Premier ITIL Training Organization
DesTech is proud to be the author of an accredited course for ITIL Foundation Certification. Our course notes have been thoroughly examined, reviewed and approved by Canada’s chief ITIL accreditation organization – Loyalist College. We are very proud of our student’s success rate in passing the proctored examination on the final day of the course. Our student success rate is 95%.
Our success in delivering such outstanding results also comes from the fact that our lead instructor holds the designation of “ITIL Expert”. This designation (which is both difficult to achieve and is rarely granted), combined with over 20 years of IT training and hands-on experience guarantees a valuable return on your investment of four days.
For more information on ITIL Foundation Certification, click here or contact us at email@example.com.